Winter & Spring Recreation
With average annual snowfall in the Mt. Hood area around 400-500 inches, or 33-42 feet, it makes for one of the best winter recreation locations in the country.
- Mt. Hood and Timberline are home to North America's longest ski season, with summer skiiing on the Palmer snow field
- Mt. Hood provides over 8,300 vertical to ski with 206 ski trails, and 4,810 skiable acres
- Mt. Hood Skibowl is America's largest night skiing area with 550 acres of lit terrain
- Summit Ski area is an additional small ski hill located right in Government camp. It is the mountains oldest ski area with one chair lift, minutes from the lodges, and perfect for beginners
- Mt. Hood National Forest has miles of trails for Nordic skiing and snowshoeing, as well as access to back country snowboarding and telemark skiing
- Tubing and sledding hills are available in some ski areas and other designated locations
Winter fun right outside your front door!
The Chalets & Grand Lodges at Collins Lake Resort are just minutes away from 3 ski areas, including Mt. Hood Skibowl, America's Largest Night Ski Area, and the Historic Timberline Lodge. Guests of the Official Collins Lake Resort are offered discounted lift tickets!
Snow Tube & Winter Adventure Park at Skibowl
Only minutes away from Collins Lake Resort and offering the only conveyer lift assisted tube hill on Mt. Hood, the Winter Adventure Park at Skibowl offers a variety of adventures and winter family fun! 3 groomed tube hills, Kid's Snowmobiles, Fosty's Playland, The Super Fun Indoor Play Zone, and more!
Cosmic Tubing at Skibowl
Cosmic Tubing is here and it's out of this world! When the sun goes down, the tunes turns up! Family friendly, conveyer assisted tubing with laser lights, black lights, and music!
GET OUT on one of the wildest winter adventures on Mt. Hood! Explore the backcounty of the Mt. Hood National Forest on the saddle of a snowmobile and cruise through fluffy powder, as well as groomed trails. Contact Mt. Hood Adventure to start planning a guided tour and equipment rentals! (503) 715-2175
Snowshoeing is the easiest way to GET OUT and experience the winter wonderland in the Mt. Hood National Forest. This is a great activity for all ages and ability levels; if you can walk, you can snowshoe! Looking for someone to show you around? Contact Mt. Hood Adventure to start planning a guided tour and equipment rentals! (503) 715-2175
GET OUT and glide through the peace and quiet of the Mt. Hood National Forest. Looking for someone to show you around? Contact Mt. Hood Adventure to start planning a guided tour and equipment rentals! (503) 715-2175
Lakes & Waterfalls
Endless opportunities abound in exploring the areas countless lakes and waterfalls. Many of the local lakes are stocked and make for great fishing!
Spring is an excellent time for those soft, leisurely trail rides to start the season